The Chess King in Jeans: Carlsen Allowed to Break Dress Code at World Championship.


Magnus Carlsen Returns to Chess Tournaments
The world's best chess player, Magnus Carlsen, has announced that he will again participate in major chess tournaments. The reason for this is the relaxed dress code that the International Chess Federation (FIDE) has introduced into the official rules. This was reported by the BBC.
According to media reports, Magnus Carlsen and Ian Nepomniachtchi from Russia shared first place at the World Blitz Chess Championship held on January 1 in New York, USA.
In the final stage, Nepomniachtchi and Carlsen each secured two victories, while the additional games ended in a draw. The Norwegian chess player suggested sharing first place with his opponent. This is the first Time two grandmasters will receive the title of world champion simultaneously, said the International Chess Federation.
Carlsen, 34, had previously withdrawn from the World Championship in Rapid and Blitz Chess, also held in New York, due to a ban on playing in jeans. He violated the dress code by appearing at the match in his casual attire - a lavender shirt, jeans, and a blazer.
However, FIDE decided to slightly ease the dress code rules and allow 'minor elegant deviations.' After this, Carlsen agreed to continue his participation, stating that he would still play in jeans.
Carlsen himself explained his clothing style by saying he had a personal meeting before the game and did not want to change.
Read also
- YUCASA signed a contract with the son of a legendary Brazilian football player
- Dovbyk is vying for the title of best player in Serie A in March: how to vote
- Increase in the number of teams in the World Cup: UEFA president comments
- Ukrainian forces eliminated a titled Russian athlete – he had intellectual disabilities
- Ruslan Rotan is being courted by a club from Saudi Arabia, source says
- Shevchenko lost elections to UEFA executive committee