The accused killer lost his case: the court released him due to lack of evidence.

Accused murderer acquitted due to lack of evidence
Accused murderer acquitted due to lack of evidence

Comedian Tony Hinchcliffe, whose appearance at a rally in New York supporting presidential candidate Donald Trump sparked outrage from both sides of the political spectrum after his offensive comments about Puerto Rico, has signed a deal with Netflix, the company announced on Monday.

Under the agreement, Hinchcliffe will host three specials of live comedy shows, the first of which will air on April 7, along with his own special performance.

“I and our entire team of comedians, colleagues, and mentees from Austin are excited about the opportunity to share our chaotic, crazy show with a new audience from around the world,” Hinchcliffe said in a press statement.

Hinchcliffe, whose YouTube channel Kill Tony has over 2 million subscribers, is known for the loud scandal he caused last year when he performed in front of Trump at a rally in Madison Square Garden in October. His jokes, in which he mocked Puerto Rico, Latin Americans, and immigrants, sparked mass protests in the following days.

“If you don't know, the swirling local dump in the middle of the ocean is called Puerto Rico,” Hinchcliffe said during the rally, prompting laughter. “I think it's called Puerto Rico.”

Trump's campaign sought to distance itself from Hinchcliffe, while Puerto Rican stars, including Aubrey Plaza, Jennifer Lopez, Bad Bunny, and Nicky Jam, condemned his performance. Jam, who had previously performed at rallies for the current president, acknowledged that after this episode, he retracted his previously expressed support for Trump. Lopez condemned Trump's performance during a campaign rally for Kamala Harris in Las Vegas.

Hinchcliffe did not apologize but later acknowledged that “maybe this performance at that place at that moment wasn't the best setting for that act.”


Read also

Advertising